nothing to do with spotting people reading, but...

If you haven't gone treasure-hunting at the Times Warehouse Sale in Hartamas Shopping Center, you should. In fact, you must. I went absolutely berserk there (and now I starve for the rest of the month). Here's my value-for-money grab:


The new fabulously funny David Sedaris book When You Are Engulfed In Flames is 30% off only during sales period, then goes back to regular price. The cheapest book in my grab is Jonathan Coe's 9th & 13th which was MYR1.50. I'm bad at math, but I think my total was an average of MYR14 a book. It's really, quite ridiculous.

Read While Waiting Project explodes later today! I can't make it after all, but Uzair will be there to hunt for you and your book.

PS: contributor positions are always open. I'll approve posting authorization, but your name won't be listed on the sidebar till you've posted!

6 comments:

Sivin Kit said...

looks like I'm off to some shopping tomorrow!

savante said...

Damn. Bet I missed the sale.

Kewl blog by the way :) At least some Malaysians are reading.

dizzy said...

it's until 1 September!

Buddhaphish said...

What is that Mak Nyah book about? It looks interesting.

dizzy said...

aiyak June I saw your question so much later. Sorry for the late reply. Mak Nyah is about the studies a woman conducted where she interviewed and surveyed a large number of Mak Nyahs in Malaysia and gathered interesting statistics about their lifestyles, childhoods, histories, awareness of HIV/AIDS, etc. There are also some interesting first hand accounts.

Unknown said...

ha ha! I broke my credit card at the times warehouse sale too!